We all like win/win opportunities. Sponsorship of a San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity home is just that — a win for a deserving low-income family, a win for SGV Habitat and a win for a donor.
What is a Corporate Team Build?
Corporate Team Build (CTB) is a program for businesses to invest their time and money in our local homebuilding efforts. You can raise funds for a partial home sponsorship, and then send out a team from your company to volunteer as a group — building a home, but also building community within the company. Learn more about CTB days here or contact James Burke at 626-387-6899 x24.
What is a Home Sponsorship?
A home sponsorship covers all or part of the cash needed for building one home. Currently home sponsorships cost:
- $30,000, the cash needed to build a 1/4 Home
- $60,000 the cash needed to build 1/2 a Home
- $120,000 the cash needed to build One home
Why Sponsor a Habitat Home?
- Your Home Sponsorship is truly a gift that keeps on giving. Habitat home buyers make monthly mortgage payments that bear 0% interest. These payments go into our Fund for Humanity and are used to build more affordable homes.
- When corporations sponsor a Habitat home, their employees beam with pride because their employer cares about the local community. Habitat for Humanity builds are one of the most popular and rewarding team building activities available in the San Gabriel Valley. Corporations work with our Volunteer Coordinator to schedule work days at a current build site. The number of employee work days for each corporation is established through the sponsorship agreement.
- Full and partial home sponsors are recognized on signage at the build site, in media press releases, and at all SGV Habitat for Humanity special events. Sponsors typically participate in Groundbreaking and Dedication Ceremonies and have photo opportunities with the family who will live in their sponsored home.
- Your home sponsorship shows the entire community that you are aware of the affordable housing crisis in the San Gabriel Valley and are committed to helping alleviate this problem.
To get involved through a Home Sponsorship, contact Executive Director, Sonja Yates at 626-387-6899 x13 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also help cover the costs of building a Habitat home through MiniSponsorships.