A new generation of leaders to eliminate poverty housing in the San Gabriel Valley. Check out the many ideas for activities below.
Our youth school chapter program is an initiative that mobilizes youth to fully fund and build a Habitat home in the San Gabriel Valley. Become a leader in your school chapter or join our YOUTH BUILD team today and lend your voice to move youth into action for affordable housing.
CREATE A CAMPUS CLUB
Make your school an official partner of Habitat for Humanity. Contact the Youth Programs Manager to learn how to get your school involved in building homes, lives and stronger communities.
Become HFH SGV’s friend and help build awareness about our mission and goal to eliminate substandard housing in the San Gabriel Valley:
- Tell your friends and family
- Post a link to our website on your own social media
- or newsletter
- Connect with us online on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Contact city and state officials to get more Habitat builds in your city
Did you know it takes 35,000 nails to build a Habitat for Humanity home? Help raise money to buy those nails and fund the next “House that Youth Built” in the San Gabriel Valley!
- If you are 16 or older, come swing a hammer to help build a home.
- If you’re 14 or older, we could use your smiling face and time in our ReStores where you can help stock, clean or greet customers!
- Under 14? Contact us to plan a special introduction to SGV Habitat’s affordable housing work.
- No experience is required, just a willing heart!
Youth Programs FAQ
Yes, we require 1:1 ratio for adult to 16-year-olds (and younger) and a 1:5 ratio for adult to 17-year-olds. We are very interested in keeping kids safe and utilizing their time effectively and would like to have Habitat be an activity where adults and youth can work side by side.
Great! Just discuss it with the Youth Programs Manager. There are a variety of ways individuals or groups can get involved. Our individual activities range from mini build projects such as bird houses to advocating for Habitat within your community.
Yes, as long as the form has been filled out and the hours verified by the adult sponsor. Those with court-ordered community service need to contact Habitat directly to discuss more detailed requirements.
Each young person should discuss with an adult sponsor which activities they wish to perform. For some tasks, the adult/young person pair or group will need to make prior arrangements with the Habitat staff. Please note that not all tasks are available all the time.
For more questions on how to get involved, contact Kathy Karimi Volunteer and Youth Programs Manager at email@example.com or call 626-387-6899 x17.