**We currently do not have any applications available for new homes. Please continue to check in at this page for updates.
Habitat Homeownership Program
- Need. You may qualify as a Habitat homeowner if your present housing is overcrowded, substandard or dangerous and if other adequate shelter is not available. Families chosen will neither overcrowd nor under-utilize their new home.
- Ability to Pay. The Family Selection Committee will check to determine whether your family has the resources necessary to purchase a home. San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity serves families whose income is 40-80% of the Area Median Income. In addition to a steady source of income, potential homeowners must also have demonstrated responsibility in paying rent and other obligations as well as not having any outstanding liens or judgments.
- Willingness to Partner. Selected home buyers must agree to contribute 500 hours of “sweat equity” to help build their homes and those of their neighbors. This must be completed in part at our construction sites and can also include hours worked in our office or ReStores. Qualifying Habitat families must also be willing to partner with our affiliate on a long-term basis.
- All homeowner families must be United States citizens or legal residents.
- Potential home buyers must live in our service area. You can also check Habitat for Humanity International’s website to locate the nearest affiliate.
- No waiting lists are maintained. As soon as the application process opens, we will advertise in all available media outlets and accept applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A 1% cash down payment is required.
- San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Housing Lender.