San Gabriel Valley (SGV) Habitat for Humanity is committed to respecting the privacy of donors.
The types of donor information that will be collected and maintained:
- Contact information: name, organization/church, complete address, phone number, email address;
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information;
- Information concerning how the donor heard about SGV Habitat for Humanity;
- Information the donor wishes to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- Donor requests to receive or not receive periodic updates.
SGV Habitat for Humanity uses donor information to understand donor needs and provide the donor with better service. Donor information also helps SGV Habitat for Humanity complete a transaction, communicate to the donor, and update the donor on affiliate happenings. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. SGV Habitat for Humanity uses the comments donors offer to provide donors with information requested, and take seriously each recommendation.
SGV Habitat for Humanity will not share, sell, rent, or lease donor personal information to other organizations. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of the organization and only to further the program activities and purposes of the SGV Habitat for Humanity.
Policy # 3220