Six new townhouse style homes will be built at 634 – 700 Lomita Avenue in Glendale, CA 91205-2233
Since 1995, the City of Glendale and San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity (SGV Habitat) have partnered to provide affordable housing. The Lomita Homes provides the opportunity for the ninth Habitat homeownership build in Glendale through this long-term partnership. In May 2015, the Glendale Housing Authority’s approval for the Lomita build was unanimous confirming their continued support for SGV Habitat remains strong. Family Selection for the Lomita Homes has been completed and the selected families were notified in November 2016. Construction for the Lomita Homes is tentatively slated to begin July 2017. The homes will be configured as six attached condominium dwelling units, with 3 bedrooms, ½ bathroom on the ground floor, one and ¾ bathrooms on the top floor, and an attached two car garage.
Each home will have…
• three bedrooms
• an attached two-car garage
• a full bathroom with tub
• a ¾ bathroom with a shower stall
• a half bathroom on the ground floor
All homes are approximately 1,300 square feet
Volunteer Opportunities (Dates: TBA)
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Work on this construction site – we depend on volunteers of all backgrounds to build!
- Serve as a crew leader or house leader to help lead the construction site
- Become a hospitality worker who helps greet and register volunteers
- Join a committee or our Board of Directors
- Offer your professional skills pro-bono
- Arrange for gifts-in-kind of needed construction material
- Ask your employer to sponsor a Corporate Build Day
- Make arrangements to celebrate your special occasions at the Lomita build site
- Make a financial donation by check or online at sgvhabitat.org
- Donate a car, truck, van, or boat – call 877-277-4344 toll-free or go to http://www.habitat.org/carsforhomes and designate your gift to San Gabriel Valley Habitat!
- Participate in a Home Sponsorship or Mini-Sponsorship
For more information, learn about how you can get involved or to schedule a tour of Habitat homes, please email email@example.com or call (626) 387-6899.
Please help today! Every gift brings families closer to a secure future.
All gifts are tax-deductible. Please make checks payable to San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity
400 S. Irwindale Ave, Azusa, CA 91702 | Tel: (626) 387-6899
Need assistance making your donation? Please call Sayaka at (626) 387-6899 x14
SIX NEW SINGLE FAMILY HOMES PLANNED FOR GLENDALE
For more information on the project, learn about how you can get involved or to schedule a tour of Habitat homes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 387-6899.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.