Two-unit condominium style homes will be built at 752 Manzanita Ave, Pasadena CA 91103
A proposed agreement with San Gabriel Valley Habitat for Humanity for a two-unit affordable homeownership build passed through the Economic Development and Technology Committee unanimously. The affordable homeownership build would be the second Habitat for Humanity build in Pasadena since 1992, adding to the affiliates 12 completed builds in the San Gabriel Valley.
The property consists of ¼ acre vacant lot donated by a family trust related to a former Habitat employee. The development would include two detached condominium units with three bedrooms, and one and ¾ bathrooms. The homes will be sold to eligible low-income families who live or work in Pasadena. Application dates will be posted when available.
Application Meetings (Date: TBA)
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Work on this construction site – we depend on volunteers of all backgrounds to build!
- Serve as a crew leader or house leader to help lead the construction site
- Become a hospitality worker who helps greet and register volunteers
- Join a committee or our Board of Directors
- Offer your professional skills pro-bono
- Arrange for gifts-in-kind of needed construction material
- Ask your employer to sponsor a Corporate Build Day
- Make arrangements to celebrate your special occasions at the Manzanita build site
- Make a financial donation by check or online at sgvhabitat.org
- Donate a car, truck, van, or boat – call 877-277-4344 toll-free or go to http://www.habitat.org/carsforhomes and designate your gift to San Gabriel Valley Habitat!
- Participate in a Home Sponsorship or Mini-Sponsorship
For more information on the project, learn about how you can get involved or to be scheduled for a tour of Habitat homes, please email email@example.com or call (626) 387-6899.